Oklahoma City Ballet COVID-19 Virus Response
UPDATE: Friday, March 20th
We hope you are healthy and safe during these unprecedented times. We are doing everything we can to keep our staff, dancers, and patrons safe by closing our facility and cancelling activities at this time. Below is the complete list.
We want to remind you that Oklahoma City Ballet is a non-profit organization, and without donations from friends like you, we could not exist. If you have the means, I humbly ask that you consider a donation to help keep our organization afloat.
If you need a pick-me-up, please visit our social media pages for beautiful photos and videos that will hopefully keep you inspired.
Take care my friends,
Jo Lynne Jones
John Kirkpatrick Executive Director
- The Ballet’s facility, the Susan E. Brackett Dance Center, is closed to the public.
- (e)motion(s): A Triple Bill, originally scheduled for April 17-19, has been moved to September 25-27 at the Rose State College Hudiburg Chevrolet Center. All tickets issued for (e)motion(s): A Triple Bill will automatically be valid for the new date. If you would like to donate your tickets back to the ballet, or any other box office requests, please email email@example.com
- The Oklahoma City Ballet Yvonne Chouteau School is closed until further notice. Questions can go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2020 Ballet Ball: Plié Springs, originally scheduled for April 3, has been postponed until further notice. Contact email@example.com with questions
- General Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org can help you out.
UPDATE: Friday, March 13th
We regret to announce that due to COVID-19 concerns, all performances of Future Voices: A Choreographic Showcase are cancelled.
This is a very difficult decision for us to make, but the health and safety of our patrons, dancers, and staff are our top priority.
If you have tickets to Future Voices: A Choreographic Showcase, your ticket can be donated back to Oklahoma City Ballet, or you can call the box office starting Tuesday March 17 to request a refund.
Oklahoma City Ballet Yvonne Chouteau School will extend its spring break to March 21, and the school will reassess the situation at that point. We are closely monitoring the situation regarding our June Summer Intensive program.
Dance for Parkinson’s classes are cancelled through March 27, per recommendations from the Oklahoma Parkinson’s Foundation.
The 2020 Ballet Ball: Plié Springs, originally scheduled for April 3, has been postponed and a new date will be announced in the coming weeks.
The situation is rapidly evolving and we will be closely monitoring the advice of the CDC and Oklahoma State Department of Health to continue to keep our patrons safe.
Thank you for your support and stay safe,
Staff and Dancers of Oklahoma City Ballet