Pointe Shoe Campaign
Keep our Ballerinas En Pointe
Each season, Oklahoma City Ballet spends $70,000 on pointe shoes to ensure our dancers remain healthy and safe. As a Pointe Shoe sponsor, you’ll personally be adding value to one of our professional ballerinas who relies on pointe shoes to keep her body healthy and safe. For every $100 you donate, you’ll provide a pair of shoes for one of our ballerinas. Please click here to donate today.
Did You Know?
- Pointe shoes are specially made shoes worn by ballerinas to allow them to dance on the tips of their toes.
- A ballerina depends on their pointe shoes to be extremely sturdy, as the entire weight of her body is balanced on a small platform in the box of her shoe.
- Our principal ballerinas use 50 pairs of pointe shoes per season, costing the Ballet $5,000 or more annually for that dancer alone.
- Every $100 you donate to our pointe shoe campaign will purchase a pair of pointe shoes for our professional dancers.
- No two pairs of pointe shoes are identical. Each shoe is custom made and handcrafted to fit each dancer’s unique specifications.
Become a Sponsor
For more information on becoming a Pointe Shoe Sponsor, please contact Whitney Cross Moore at (405) 843-9898 or email@example.com.