Help Keep Our Ballerinas
For every $100 you donate, you will provide a pair of shoes for one of our ballerinas. You can donate to the Pointe Shoe Campaign here.
As a sponsor of the Pointe Shoe Campaign, you will be personally adding to the value of one of our professional ballerinas. Each dancer relies on their pointe shoes day in and day out. The quality of the shoe directly impacts the safety of our dancers and how well they are able to do their job. Each season, Oklahoma City Ballet spends $70,000 on pointe shoes to ensure our dancers are healthy and safe.
Did you know?
- Every $100 you donate to our pointe shoe campaign will purchase a pair of pointe shoes for our professional dancers.
- Each shoe is custom made, and hand crafted to fit each dancer’s unique specifications. No two pairs of pointe shoes are identical!
- Pointe shoes are specially made shoes worn by ballerinas to allow them to dance on the tips of their toes.
- A ballerina depends on their pointe shoes to be extremely sturdy, as the entire weight of her body is balanced on a small platform in the box of her shoe.
- Our principal ballerinas use 50 pairs of pointe shoes per season, costing the Ballet at least $5,000 annually just for that dancer.
For more information on becoming a Pointe Shoe Sponsor, please contact Whitney Cross Moore at (405) 843-9898 or firstname.lastname@example.org.