Thanks to you and the amazing support of the community, the Turning Pointe Campaign for Oklahoma City Ballet is almost complete. With $250,000 left to raise, we need you to be part of The Grand Finale to help fund the finishing touches at the Susan E. Brackett Center. We invite you to witness the impact of the new facility and what it has done to improve the professional company, the Oklahoma City Ballet Yvonne Chouteau School, and our four thriving outreach programs. Please contact our development team for a special tour, or stop by and see our programs in action.
You can share in our success by making a gift today to help complete the campaign. This facility is to be shared with the entire community and will impact Oklahomans for generations to come.
Next steps of construction
- Enclose studio A, add retractable seating, and window coverings
- Build & furnish admin offices & conference room
- Create and furnish a private dancer lounge and furnish waiting areas
- Complete the installation of marley in studio F
The growth of Oklahoma City Ballet over the last decade has led to our primary need: more space. Moving Oklahoma City Ballet to The Susan E. Brackett Dance Center has enabled:
- Our professional dancers to rise to new heights with more space to rehearse, perform, and stay healthy.
- Expansion of class offerings at the Oklahoma City Ballet Yvonne Chouteau School, with more to come next season.
- Our scholarship program to continue and thrive.
- Increased enrollment in our summer training programs.
- An increase in earned income generated by more students of all ages.
- Special visits from school groups and our outreach programs to watch a performance or rehearsal, or take a class.
A teacher’s perspective: “My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 10 years ago. As I watched the disease progress, I longed for a way to use my skills to impact his life and others like him. It is nothing short of a miracle to watch the people in class literally transform in front of my eyes. They may enter shuffling and uncertain, but they all become graceful, fluid, filled with joy and confidence! It is beautiful to experience. As someone employed in the arts, the most you hope for in life is to use your talents to impact and change the world and people around you. The amazing support of the community and the space available at the Susan E. Brackett Dance Center has made it possible for me and my amazing Parkinson’s dancers and I am so thankful.” – Erica Portell, Dance for Parkinson’s teacher
WAYS TO GIVE:CLICK HERE
FOR QUESTIONS, TO ARRANGE A TOUR, OR GIVE BY PHONE, PLEASE CONTACT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM AT (405) 843.9898
MAIL YOUR GIFT TO
OKLAHOMA CITY BALLET
6800 N. CLASSEN BLVD. | OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73116
FOR GIFTS OF STOCK, REAL ESTATE, OR PLANNED GIVING: CONTACT WHITNEY CROSS MOORE at (405)208.8858