JOHN KIRKPATRICK EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Oklahoma City Ballet, one of the region’s premiere performing arts and educational organizations dedicated to the art of classical dance, seeks an enthusiastic, passionate, driven and experienced executive director to oversee the operations, management and resource development of the organization.
OKLAHOMA CITY BALLET MISSION
Oklahoma City Ballet inspires its audience through classical and contemporary dance performances, a strong educational program and community service.
Exempt, full-time position
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Supervises: Director of Finance, Director of Development, Director of Public Relations & Marketing, Director of Operations
The John Kirkpatrick Executive Director is an endowed position that oversees the management of the organization. The executive director manages all aspects of the Ballet’s external affairs, including fundraising and resource development, communications and marketing, leadership positioning strategic, community partnerships along with internal, operational management of finances to meet all budgeted goals for contributed and earned income. The executive director will act as the primary liaison to the board of trustees, providing reports as necessary to ensure the health and vitality of the company. The executive director will work in partnership with the artistic director, board and volunteers to maintain and promote the excellence of the company.
Management and Operations
- Manage and supervise leadership staff by building a collaborative administrative team to execute the Ballet’s mission while providing strong, supportive and consistent leadership.
- Oversee fiduciary management of organization by overseeing development of the annual budget and any special project or capital budgets, reviewing all financial and managerial reports, statements and other documents (contracts, agreements, leases, etc.).
- Ensure the financial stability of the Ballet by using strong financial and accounting controls, identifying and driving appropriate revenue strategies and responsibly managing the Ballet’s budget.
- Oversee the operations of the office space, Ballet facility and all other properties of the company.
- Manage staff and oversee box office management and relationships with performance venues.
- Oversee all fundraising activities including assistance in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors with particular attention to major gift donors.
- Work with committees, volunteers, board members and other parties to identify sources of revenue for the organization.
- Attend all events to seize opportunities to build, maintain and nurture relationships with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the business, arts and nonprofit communities that promote the work of the Ballet and the arts/nonprofit community.
- Position the organization as an arts leader in the community through public relations strategies that establish both the company and leadership as experts.
- Advocate for the Ballet, the arts community and the economic impact of the organization with local, state and federal offices as necessary.
- Act as the liaison to the board of trustees, the executive, finance, facility, fundraising and governance committees of the Ballet and provide reports, statements and other documents as needed to help the board exercise their legal duties to govern the Ballet.
- Oversee engagement of trustees in fundraising, marketing, public relations, community relations and advocacy efforts.
- Manage business activities including but not limited to: selection, hiring, development, evaluation and coaching of administrative staff.
- Collaborate with the artistic director to create and nurture the culture of the Oklahoma City Ballet.
- Collaborate with the artistic director to act as primary spokesperson for the Ballet.
- Other functions as directed by the board.
- At least 7-10 years of leadership and management experience in a nonprofit organization
- Passion for the performing arts
- Established track record in fundraising, management, operations and board relations
- Demonstrated ability to foster and nurture relationships with donors, business leaders, nonprofit professionals, community and civic leaders and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations, financial reporting, budgets and nonprofit finance.
- Understanding of board governance and organizational management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Please send a resume and letter of application along with salary requirements to Cristian Sirera, Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits, at email@example.com. You will be asked to submit an application at that time. The OKC Ballet Search Committee will make contact with you for preliminary interview times should you move forward in the process.