DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Full Time
The Director of Finance, is responsible for directing the fiscal functions in accordance with: generally accepted accounting principles; financial management techniques; and appropriate regulatory practices. As a key member of the executive management team, the Director of Finance plays a critical role in collaborating with the senior leadership in strategic decision making and operations at OKC Ballet. The Director of Finance is responsible for all areas of accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, investor relationships, compliance, private and institutional financing, office administration and management. This position reports to the Executive Director (ED) and operates as a strategic thought partner, exhibits leadership values, and collaborates with all leaders in long term organizational planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
· Provide credibility in finance areas by providing timely, strategic, and accurate analysis input, and executive level decision-making of budgets, financial reports, clear communication of monthly and annual financial statements; collation of financial reporting materials for all donor segments; and oversight of all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
· Serve as effective developer of solutions to business challenges with strong insight, business acumen, and professionalism.
· Adept demonstration with continual improvement of financial systems, budgeting process, administration procedures and overall executive management.
· Optimal handling of bank and deposit relationships.
· Initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash flow as well as develop reliable cash flow projection processes and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
· Act as astute advisor from financial and administration perspective on any contracts into which the organization may enter.
· Evaluate the finance structure and plan for continual improvement including professional growth opportunities for Director of Finance and, where applicable, staff.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
· Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED and Artistic Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
· Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
· Adept with Point of Sale and Perpetual Inventory Periodic practices, and compliant donor financial management and reporting.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall procedures.
· Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors at the direction of the Executive Director.
· Reconcile financial accounts accurately and timely.
· Continual development and improvement of OKC Ballet’s human resources, safety and administration programs.
· Model organizational leadership; management of compensation and benefits; and guiding performance evaluation processes.
· Manage all unemployment and workers compensation matters.
· Ensure that recruiting processes are compliant, consistent and streamlined.
· Administer benefits and health insurance plans.
· Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records and storage of information.
· Work collaboratively with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
· Practice positive internal communications and a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a positive work climate which will be conducive to maximum morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
· Operate at the highest level of commitment to practices that enhance and promote OKC Ballet.
· Perform other duties as required or requested by the Executive Director, Artistic Director and/or the Board of Trustees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree with MBA or related degree desired.
· CPA strongly preferred.
· Five or more years of nonprofit finance or equivalent combination of controller experience and education.
· Ethical conduct and leadership, strategic thinking and problem-solving analysis, competent performance and human resource management, personally effective and credible, astute business acumen, and financial management.
· Robust overall experience with broad financial and administration management.
· Skillful adeptness with final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for a vital area.
· Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
· Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
· Deep proficiency with Word, Excel, Paycom, Outlook and Neon donor relation software or similar iterations.
· A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Sophisticated and astute manager of individuals and teams with professionally competent behavior.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the OKC Ballet.
· Required: appropriate clearance of background check; possession of a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage as required by law.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com Application deadline is November 30th, 2017