The COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR reports to the Director of Development and Communications, and collaborates with the Executive Director and Artistic Director. The Communications Coordinator helps set and guide the strategy for all communications, marketing, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Oklahoma City Ballet’s mission. The Communications Coordinator works closely with a peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. This role is responsible for managing all communication activities and building external relationships with the organization’s constituencies, including funders and the media.
About Oklahoma City Ballet
Oklahoma City Ballet has presented professional ballet in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas since 1963. In the upcoming 2019-2020 season, five productions will be presented to Oklahoma audiences. In addition to performances, the Oklahoma City Ballet Yvonne Chouteau School serves more than 800 students annually, from ages 3 to adult. The Susan E. Brackett Dance Center was purchased for the Ballet in 2017 and contains studios for professional dancers, recreational dancers, and students. Oklahoma City Ballet is lesser known for the work done in the community, which includes four different outreach programs that impact the lives of more than 6,000 Oklahoma students, and one outreach program for senior adults and adults with Parkinson’s disease.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skillful proficiency with: ad buys and placement; external photo/video shoot direction; management of external sales representatives; press releases; radio and media communications and interviews; and social media trends.
- Develop advertising, marketing, promotion, and public relations plans that align strategically with the vision and mission of OKC Ballet.
- Work collaboratively with development, outreach, and artistic teams as well as external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Develop short and long-term budgets for public relations and communications, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
- Create, edit, and review content, marketing materials, social media, and advertising campaigns. This position requires exceptional writing, editing, and graphic evaluation skills.
- Excellent public relations understanding and the ability to build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and customer audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of market dynamics, analytics, pricing, statistics, market segmentation, target marketing strategies, tactical execution, brand equity development, and planning.
- Work with media outlets to publish timely information, such as press releases, brochures, and other media content and materials.
- Responsible for all aspects related to branding and creation of opportunities for new visibility.
- Implement social media strategies and manage social media duties to build, grow, and sustain online communities and traffic.
- Manage and update company website.
- Direct the development of videos and print materials for the organization, maintaining the strength, integrity and consistency of OKC Ballet’s image.
- Track, monitor, and recommend presence of OKC Ballet at events and other engagements.
- Represent Oklahoma City Ballet at public events while projecting a favorable image, promoting the mission, and enhancing public perception.
- Practice positive internal communications and a favorable working relationship with all OKC Ballet employees which will be conducive to maximum morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications, marketing and/or public relations.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- This position is required to work at all OKC Ballet performances and special events.
- Operate at the highest level of commitment to practices that enhance and promote OKC Ballet.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- Critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience and technical knowledge of SEO, Ad Words, and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with software programs needed for marketing and public relations functions, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and passion for OKC Ballet.
- Required: appropriate clearance of background check and drug screen, possession of a valid driver’s license, and insurance coverage as required by law.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. on occasion
For consideration, send resume and cover letter to Sheila Lawrence, HR Administrator